TEHRAN, Dec. 10 (Xinhua) -- Iran said Tuesday that it will stage a joint naval drill with Caspian Sea littoral states in the near future, Tehran Times daily reported.
Iranian Navy Commander Hossein Khanzadi was quoted as saying that the naval drill aims "to counter any insecurity and terrorist attacks."
Another objective of the joint maneuver is to use the capabilities of the littoral states' navies "regarding rescue and relief and reconnaissance operations," he said.
The agreement to carry out the joint naval drill was reached in the summer of 2019.
- 国际英语新闻:Israel heads to unprecedented 3rd election in one year after parliament dissolved
- 国际英语新闻:U.S. Senate committee backs Turkey sanctions bill
- 国际英语新闻:AU says Africa faces "exponentially increasing" climate-induced disasters
- 国际英语新闻:India passes controversial citizenship bill in upper house of parliament
- 国际英语新闻:Death toll rises to 8 in volcanic eruption in New Zealand